Saturday, January 3, 2009

My journey thus far has taken me through Genesis chapters 1 - 10.


Today the focus was on Genesis 7 - 10 which covered from the great flood to the descendants of Noah. This may same a bit naive, but I now know the real meaning of the rainbow that appears in the sky after a rainy day!!!!! It represents a covenant between God and all living creatures on the earth and acts as a reminder to God of his promise never to destroy the earth by floodwaters again (Genenis 9:12 -17).


God's mercy will truly endure forever!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chanan,
    I'm also joining in on reading the bible over at Wendy's blog. I've tried several times to read it from cover to cover but always seem to stop at I Kings. This time I'm determined!

    I'm finding,everytime I read His Word He gives me something new and promising to hold on to. Looking forward to 2009.

    Enjoying the journey with you,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI I'm glad you're doing the study with us. I was curious how do you pronounce your name. My daughters name is Chantaya. I pronounce it Shawn-TA-Ah.
    Looking forward to more of your comments.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete